[Mediawiki-l] Re: How to treat "Images" simply as "files"?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Tue Apr 19 19:22:34 UTC 2005

I should also say...

At 4/19/2005 02:19 PM, Matt England wrote:
>I want these image/file references (a la [[Image:Some_uploaded_file.zip]]
>) to not be processed as an "image."  How can I do this?  What markup do I use?

I want the reference to simply to point to the file title page like so:

http://example.com/wiki/Image:Some_uploaded_file.zip

...but I don't want to use the full URL, because I'll be changing my site
domain-name/location soon...and for the usual modularity reasons.

If this is not done, then the web browser apparently attempts to download
the file "on the spot"...and this is REALLY bad for large software files.

-Matt