[Mediawiki-l] Installation problems using Sun ONE web server (Converting links table to ID-ID... fails)

Jeffery Cann jccann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:10:35 UTC 2005

Hi.

I've tried several iterations.  and continue to receive the following error:

Converting links table to ID-ID...
Sorry! The wiki is experiencing some technical difficulties, and
cannot contact the database server.

Note the following environment:

OS:  Solaris 2.8
Web:  Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 SP4
PHP:  5.0.4 (see below)
Web / PHP Connector:  ZendSunOneEnabler-1.0.0
MySQL : mysql-standard-4.1.11-sun-solaris2.9-sparc

Note:  This server has 2 mysql instances, so I'm connecting to the TCP/IP port.

It seems like either:
1)  MySQL binary distribution compiled against 2.9 is yacking on the
php script because my OS is 2.8 [this was a mistake on the
installation]
2)  I should use the NSAPI plugin that comes with php instead of
Zend's NSAP plugin.
3)  Some other media wiki problem.

I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this

Here's my Media Wiki installation output:

------------- begin output -----------------------
MediaWiki 1.4.0 installation
Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.

Checking environment...
PHP 5.0.4: ok
PHP server API is cgi-fcgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
No zlib support.
Turck MMCache not installed, can't use object caching functions
Couldn't find GD library or ImageMagick; image thumbnailing disabled.
Installation directory: /opt/SUNWwbsvr/docs/wiki
Script URI path: /wiki
Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_ADMIN in
/opt/SUNWwbsvr/docs/wiki/config/index.php on line 338

Connected as root (automatic)
Connected to database... 4.1.11-standard; enabling MySQL 4 enhancements
Database wikidb exists
There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if
updates are needed...
Granting user permissions...
...linkscc table already exists.
...hitcounter table already exists.
...querycache table already exists.
...objectcache table already exists.
...categorylinks table already exists.
...logging table already exists.
...user_rights table already exists.
...have ipb_id field in ipblocks table.
...have ipb_expiry field in ipblocks table.
...have rc_type field in recentchanges table.
...have rc_ip field in recentchanges table.
...have rc_id field in recentchanges table.
...have rc_patrolled field in recentchanges table.
...have user_real_name field in user table.
...have user_token field in user table.
...have ur_user field in user_rights table.
...have log_params field in logging table.
...already have interwiki table
...indexes seem up to 20031107 standards
...linkscc is up to date, or does not exist. Good.