[Mediawiki-l] Current site integration

Philip Gabbert wiki at gpcentre.net
Sun Apr 17 23:46:46 UTC 2005

I currently run a site with a custom build session login/out with an
already built access/auth system.

I'm wondering if there's a simple way to integrate MediaWiki? I can
see it's user tables are rather simple, but I'd prefer to have a
central login, not two locations of user account login information
(security/consistency sakes).

I'd like to MediaWiki to use my login/out schema and I can use MW's
own auth system by simply writing the data it expects to WM's user
table.

Has anybody had any experience in this matter? I didn't see anything
off hand through my reading in the Administrators or "hack wiki"
section of the MediaWiki's help section.

Thanks ahead of time.

 Philip                          wiki at gpcentre.net