[Mediawiki-l] Install Problems for 1.4.0

G Bit routed2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 18:20:31 UTC 2005

--- Jamie Bliss <astronouth7303 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/15/05, G Bit <routed2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to install MediaWiki 1.4.0. The environment is:
> >
> >  OS        : Solaris 10
> >  WebServer : Sun Java WebServer 6.1
> >  PHP       : 5.0.4       Runs in fastcgi mode using ZendEnabler
> >  MySQL     : 4.0.x
> >
> > I went through the config section. Moved the Local* from config to
> > its parent. Changed the name of "config" to something else.
> >
> > Now when I load the index.php it just hangs for a few seconds and
> > does nothing. I inserted print statements in index.php and found out
> > that it hangs in this line:
> >
> > $wgOut->output();  (line: 220)
> >
> > How can I debug this. Nothing in PHP logs.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> First of all, can you include the output of the installation? (I'm
> assuming that this is either an upgrade or a first time, and that this
> exact configuration has not been tried.)

Jamie,

What do you mean by output of installation. After the config, when I go
to the index.php page, it just hangs for a few seconds and browser says
the request is complete, I can see the status at the bottom as "Done". But
no content is loaded.

> To answer your question, to debug this, you'd have to delve into the
> include files. I would only recomend doing this if we can not figure
> it out from other sources.
>
> Does PHP log errors? Is there any content recieved? What is it? Can
> you have PHP report all errors/warnings/notices/etc. to the browser
> (HTML or not)? What kind of access do you have to the server?

Yes, all logs and warnings are enabled.

> Based on a priliminary look, I'd say it is an issue with skins, but I
> have been wrong before. To check this, you will need to look in
> ./includes/OutputPage.php, about line #360. That is where the output()
> function is defined.

I will take a look at that also.

Thanks for your help.