[Mediawiki-l] Categories and #REDIRECT?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sat Apr 16 20:36:14 UTC 2005

Okay, one more #REDIRECT question...

How about redirecting TO a Category: page? I read on Meta that you can
do it by prefacing with a colon, but that it will only show the
editable text.

Does 1.5 (development) accomplish redirects to Category pages with all
the included pages for the category?

That would be very handy. For example, I have an Agriculture category,
but no Agriculture page. I want the word "agriculture" to link to Good
Stuff, but don't want to go to the trouble of fleshing out an
Agriculture page at this time. It would be very convenient to #REDIRECT
it off to [[:Category:Agriculture]] for the present.

:::: "We need a revolution."
:::: "Keep saying that, and we'll need a lawyer, assuming they let us
have one."
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>