[Mediawiki-l] process for uploading/linking to files is difficult

Benjamin FrantzDale frantzdale3i at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 17:58:25 UTC 2005

I don't think Sam is suggesting that the description be put in the
example caption. I think he means instead of this:
Successful upload

File foo.png uploaded successfully. Please follow this link:
Image:foo.png to the description page and fill in information about
the file, such as where it came from, when it was created and by whom,
and anything else you may know about it. If this is an image, you can
insert it like this: [[Image:foo.png|thumb|Description]]

the success page could look more like this:

Successful upload

File foo.png uploaded successfully witht the following description:

  My amazing picture of foo {{GFDL}}

To show it on a page, write:
  [[Image:foo.png|thumb|description]]

Or follow this link: Image:foo.png to the description page and fill in
information about the file, such as where it came from, when it was
created and by whom, and anything else you may know about it.

--Ben