[Mediawiki-l] Enotif - sent to Sysops for any new page ?

John Blumel johnblumel at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 15 14:47:45 UTC 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 2:16am, Thomas Gries wrote:

> I would like to know, whether you also like a new feature
>
> - additional user option for Sysops, Developers and Bureaucrats (SDBs)
> - configurable through a regular expression (RE) - per SDB.
>
> which sends an Enotif (e-mail notification) to the SDBs on creation of
> a new page - if the RE matches.
> It can now easily be included in my Enotif 3.x for Mediawiki REL1_4
> (1.4.1).

This might be a useful feature if a) it ignores markup and b) offers an
option for full vs. simplified REs. What flavor of REs would it use?

The reasons for ignoring markup are obvious enough and you may already
have that in mind. Simplified vs. full RE syntax would be useful since
many SDBs might not be technically oriented and constructing well
formed REs that find what they are interested in, and only what they
are interested in, might be a bit of a challenge. I would suggest
making simplified REs the default.

John Blumel