[Mediawiki-l] mysql database error 1062: Duplicate entry, and how to resolve

solo turn soloturn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 06:46:55 UTC 2005

hi,

with mediawiki 1.4.0 we get the following error:

REPLACE INTO `projsearchindex` (si_page,si_title,si_text) VALUES
('960','kenta',' -- start infobox project -- infobox project projectname
<... three pages of text not pasted here ..>
from within function "SearchUpdate::doUpdate". MySQL returned error
"1062: Duplicate entry ' ' for key 3 (localhost)".

the text gets anyway stored in the database. how can we prevent this?
can it be that the string is too long?

-solo.