[Mediawiki-l] upload trouble

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:25:30 UTC 2005

On 4/13/05, sebastian n/a <vogel_sebastian at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I get some internal error message when trying to upload files.

Would it be possible to post the exact message here, in case it means
more to someone else than it does to you?

> So I just wanted to ask how I can and should "change permissions on the
> image folder"?

As Adam says, this refers to making the directory writable by the
"user" which runs the PHP programs. The exact way of doing this will
depend what FTP program you're using to access your webserver, but
basically you want to allow "everyone" the ability to write to the
"images" directory (this doesn't mean everyone who connects to your
website, by the way, just every program running on the webserver).

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]