[Mediawiki-l] Database errors w/ MediaWiki 1.4

crayz crayz at crayz.org
Tue Apr 12 17:13:03 UTC 2005

I've just installed a fresh copy of MediaWiki 1.4 and imported data into it.
Everything seemed to be running fine until I upgraded to MySQL 4.1 and set
the fulltext searching down to 3 characters.

Now when I submit articles, I'm often getting Internal Errors. I followed
instructions to display these errors, and this is what I'm seeing:

-------------------
 A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:

    REPLACE INTO `wiki_searchindex` (si_page,si_title,si_text) VALUES
('2338','community portal',' wiki_kb categories current category list[snip]
')

from within function "SearchUpdate::doUpdate". MySQL returned error "1034:
Incorrect key file for table 'wiki_searchindex'; try to repair it
(localhost)".
-------------------

So I opened MySQL and repaired that database, and then ran again and got the
same error. I can now replicate this:
- Submit article, get error
- Repair database, database checks as OK
- Submit article, get error
- Check database, database shows warning:

"Table is marked as crashed"

Rinse & repeat. Is this a MediaWiki error, or a problem w/ my MySQL install,
or a problem using 3 character fulltext searching, or what? Lost as to where
to go from here...

- crayz