[Mediawiki-l] Re: wikifarm

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sat Apr 9 18:08:41 UTC 2005

On 5 Apr 2005, at 01:35, Ira Abramov wrote:

> Quoting Jan Steinman, from the post of Wed, 30 Mar:
>>
>> I installed *one* copy of MediaWiki 1.4, then wrote a script that
>> duplicated the directory structure and hard-linked the files.
>> (Unix only -- I don't think
>> you can do that in Windows.)
>
> well, hardlinks, surprisingly enough, are possible in Woodnose, but M$
> will not admit it openly, rather burry this fact deep in some MSDN
> article they hope nobody reads :-)

Yea, I meant as an accessible, supported, scriptable interface.

I used to make hardlinks in CP/M using an absolute disk editor to
duplicate FAT table entries, too, but I didn't claim that CM/P
supported it! :-)

:::: Where did my money go? <http://www.warresisters.org/piechart.htm>
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AU34>