[Mediawiki-l] bots and non-english characters?

Thomas R. Koll tomk32 at gmx.de
Thu Apr 7 05:56:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 02:59:14PM -0400, John Blumel wrote:
> Has anyone had success with submitting data that contains non-English
> characters via a bot? I'm currently working on some Perl scripts to
> extract and upload data from a number of external sources related to
> the subject of our wiki -- thanks, James Birkholz, for the extension
> code by I decided to go another way -- and some of this material
> consists of translations of foreign (esp., French and Irish) terms that
> contain various accented characters.

As Rowan said, use the PyWikipediaBot. It's the standard for modifiying
mediawiki-installations via bot and it's api is superior to any other.
There are plenty of example scripts in the CVS (don't use the outdated
packages but the CVS) which should be a good starting point.

ciao, tom

--
== Weblinks ==
* http://verlag.tomk32.de/ - WikiReader Digest als Print-Ausgabe