[Mediawiki-l] Re: wikifarm

Ira Abramov lists-MediaWiki-l at ira.abramov.org
Tue Apr 5 08:35:30 UTC 2005

Quoting Jan Steinman, from the post of Wed, 30 Mar:

> >While working with my wiki, I want to create different layouts for
> >different peaces of my wiki. I could just install different
> >mediawiki's, but that is a bit too much space consuming...
>
> I installed *one* copy of MediaWiki 1.4, then wrote a script that
> duplicated the directory structure and hard-linked the files. Result is
> multiple wikis in nearly the same space. (Unix only -- I don't think
> you can do that in Windows.)

well, hardlinks, surprisingly enough, are possible in Woodnose, but M$
will not admit it openly, rather burry this fact deep in some MSDN
article they hope nobody reads :-)

> This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but may be a place
> to start.

sounds like he was looking for different thing, if I understood -
different CSS for different pages in the SAME wiki...

--
Too cool for school
Ira Abramov