[Mediawiki-l] Problem with rewrites

fillmewith at tdjc.net fillmewith at tdjc.net
Fri Apr 1 16:48:59 UTC 2005

Greets:

I am trying to install a local copy of MediaWiki with the March 8th
database from the download server and I am having a problem with rewrites.

I'm following the instructions loated here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Rewrite_rules#Using_an_alias_in_httpd.conf

(I have my own server so changing settings is not an issue)

I've gone ahead and installed MediaWiki under a subdomain as suggested
within the rewrite page and made the change within the LocalSettings.php
file.  I have also gone ahead and edited local httpd.conf for the domain
to add the following:
        Alias /wiki
/home/username/domains/fillmewith.info/public_html/w/index.php

and did a restart afterwards.

The strange thing though is that links on the home page such as:

http://www.fillmewith.info/wiki/index.php/Mine

turn into:

http://www.fillmewith.info/wiki/Index.php/Mine

when clicked on. (Notice the capital I in index.php)  I'd imagine that
this is causing the Alias to be thrown off and not work.  I'm assuming
that MediaWiki is thinking that the index.php is the same as an article
which would explain the capitalization. (If you follow the link above, it
leads to an article labeled "Index.php/Mine" which, of course, doesn't
exist.)

On the discussion page of the rewrite rule, there's no mention of this and
I'm not aware of any search function of this mailing list.  I've double
checked the LocalSettings.php file, the .htaccess file, etc. but nothing
jumps out at me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-drmike