[Mediawiki-l] customizing MediaWiki's skin (was: newbie questions)

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:30:53 UTC 2004

I've been kinda thinking of doing the same thing.

I've (relatively) recently got my site online, but it's old and
written in FrontPage. I want to have it make the navbars
automatically, as well as header/footer/etc. I was thinking of using
just HTML fragments and PHP. Using the MediaWiki parser would be
awesome, too.

For me, it would be a lot easier to use MediaWiki than writting my own
stuff. Of course, If I use MediaWiki, I'll probably do that anyway.

Has anyone managed to 'lift' the parser so that it just takes in some
WikiTax and spits out an HTML fragment? w/ an interwiki table, of
course. (Now I know why the structure is so complex. The actual
querying code is buried so deep that the highlevel code won't care if
you redirect it to a directory setup.)