[Mediawiki-l] Code Modification?

John Gonzalez johng at tularosa.net
Wed Sep 22 22:14:13 UTC 2004

I'm interested in commissioning a code modification that would do the
following... payment would be a donation to the Mediawiki team or to an
individual...

Currently you can embed an internal wiki image in a page, such as:

[[Image:imagename.jpg|90px]]

However, the URL when cliking on this image is pre-determined and cannot
be changed. The hyperlink will always show the image information page.

Something along the following would be ideal for our purposes:

[[Image:imagename.jpg|90px|url:http://www.destinationurl.com/destinationfile.html]]

Which would embed the image like normal, follow the normal wiki syntax,
but bring you to a different destination URL, should someone click on
the image.

Please contact me off list if possible.