[Mediawiki-l] More help on changing navbar

Peter Gerdes logicnazi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 18:00:48 UTC 2004

Alright, I realize this has been discussed before but the last person
who asked the question wasn't answered on the list and it is exactly
this answer that I need.

What I am trying to do is change the Community Portal link to point to
another page (WikiRPG:Design Deciscions).  Looking at the suggestion
in digest 12 issue 3 I tried editing

xhtml_slim.pt

Specifically I changed the following line:
<li id="n-portal" tal:condition="nav_urls/portal/href"><a
href="${nav_urls/portal/href}"
                i18n:translate="string:portal">Community Portal</a></li>

Just to see if I was doing the right thing the first thing i tried was
just changing the link name.  However, this didn't work and nothing
changed on my site (I waited awhile and reloaded).

Am I modifying the wrong thing?  Do I need to run one of the
maintenence scripts?  Unfortunatly i simply can't find *any*
documentation on the maintence scripts or whatever.

---

As a secondary suggestions it seems that MediaWiki would really
benefit from a wiki describing these configuration issues.  If I do
get an answer to this question and want to put it in a wiki would the
meta.wikimedia.org help pages be appropriate or is this information
too technical.  Or am I missing some really obvious help site?

Peter