[Mediawiki-l] Direct links

Aidan aidanem at mac.com
Sat Sep 18 05:50:05 UTC 2004

On 2004, Sep 13, a , at 15:13, Brion Vibber wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2004, at 2:03 PM, Rutledge Shawn-E50053 wrote:
>> If I upload an html file to the MediaWiki, it treats it like a media
>> item - a link to the file takes me to a page which shows revision
>> history rather than the page itself.  Is there a syntax to link
>> directly to the page?
>
> [[media:foobar.html]]

Ah, great, I'd been about to ask about that, for html etc.  Except, I'm
not being able to upload html files, either.  I've got DefaultSettings
reading:
$wgFileExtensions = array( "png", "jpg", "jpeg", "ogg", "htm", "html",
"pdf", "gif" );
And I've de-commented the disable in LocalSettings.  The other file
types work just fine, including the other ones I added, gif and pdf,
but I can't get html files to work, it just tells me that ' ".html" is
not a recommended image file format. '

Do you know what I'm missing?

-Aidan