[Mediawiki-l] OT: Mailing list tags

Brion Vibber brion at ikso.net
Sat Sep 18 02:12:45 UTC 2004

On Sep 17, 2004, at 6:01 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Given that there are several headers on every message from the mailing
> list that will positively identify the message as coming from a
> mailing list already,
[snip]

Personally I *hate* it when mailing lists don't include the
human-readable subject tags. When I have to dive into an alternate mail
reader which doesn't do my filtering, it's very hard to find anything.
It's also more difficult to identify search results when searching my
archives if there are no subject tags.

On the other hand, I'm sure you're quite capable of removing the tags
with a procmail filter if you don't like them. ;)

It would be nice if mailman had this as a per-subscriber setting, but
it doesn't appear to be at present. If you can whip up a patch for
mailman (or point out how to enable such a per-subscriber option if it
is there), that would be great.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)