[Mediawiki-l] collection of dumb questions

Jon Kenoyer jonk at op2s.com
Thu Sep 9 19:00:51 UTC 2004

Hi I am very happy with mediawiki so far. I got it up and running pretty
easy but now have two questions that I can't find answers for in the
documentation or mailing list.

Question 1: I would like the have the same skin as the mediawiki and
encyclopedia site. Especially with the tabs across the top. However in
LocalSettings.php only cologneblue works for $wgDefaultSkin =
'cologneblue'; If I set it to something else the default skin appears. Is
monobook the skin that mediawiki uses?

Question 2: Is there anyway to reference the contents of another page to
be included inline in the current page? I have a collection of pages that
I would like to have a link with the option to view all the pages compiled
into one page.

Question 3: How do I make an external link open in a separate window
instead of the current wiki window?

--
"The two greatest problems in America are ignorance and apathy. I don't
know what the solution is and I don't care"