[Mediawiki-l] I got the images to show...but question

bwilson at clickshift.com bwilson at clickshift.com
Wed Sep 8 22:05:31 UTC 2004

> Why the numbered subfolders? And what do they mean?

Pretty funny, someone else (Brion) fixed the problem while I was looking
at it. The file just magically appeared while I was editing the wiki page
to check things out. I added a newline. :-)

Using subdirectory trees fixes an ancient UNIX problem that happens when
there are several hundred of files in one directory -- if this is allowed
to happen the system will sllloooooowwwww  ddooooooowwwwwnnnn
every time the full directory is accessed.

Brian