[Mediawiki-l] Troubleshooting upload

Mario Benvenuti computerville at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 16:56:59 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I have setup a Wikimedia installation for a possible use within
europa.* Usenet hierarchy steering group and as a FAQ and charter
repository.

The documentation is fairly complete, so I managed to get all the
things up and running with the sole exception of the upload
capabilities.

Can you give me a few hints about that?

I've already checked:
* The 'images' directory in /usr/local/mediawiki/ has the same owner
as apache runs as;
* Tried to chmod 777 it :o ;
* Created a tmp inside it, global /tmp is writeable;
* Php is not in safe mode;
* LocalSettings.php is as required by the documentation:
** $wgUploadPath correct;
** $wgUploadDirectory correct;
** $wgDisableUploads               = false;
** $wgUseImageResize               = true;
** $wgUseImageMagick = true;
** $wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "/usr/bin/convert";
* I actually get to upload page, fill in the file, check the
copyright: no error is displayed or logged and the page is loaded
again. Also looked in syslog files and httpd logs: nothing.

Thank you for your help
Mario