[Mediawiki-l] math support in Mediawiki 1.2.6 -- AMSFonts the culprit?

Nick Triantos nick at triantos.com
Sun Sep 5 16:45:53 UTC 2004

On what OS are you running your Wiki?

I have a wiki installation on FreeBSD, and just found that while many
expressions work ok, some do not.  It looks like texvc is dependent on
having a package called "amsfonts" (http://www.ams.org) installed, but
FreeBSD (4.10) does not install nor provide this package.  I'm trying to
manually install the tarball from ams.org on my server, but so far, with
no luck.

Maybe you're hitting a similar problem?  (I found this by manually
running texvc from the cmd-line, and looking at the .log output file)

cheers,
-Nick