[Mediawiki-l] Trouble installing 1.3.2

Jure Spik webdesign at carpediem.si
Fri Sep 3 18:35:33 UTC 2004

Hello, list,

I would ask you to help me set up MediaWiki on my webhost if you will.. The
server is w2k3. After clickig "set-up" i get this info:

--Checking environment...
--PHP 4.3.3: ok
--Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki will work
correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to potential security
vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running on your server. You should
disable it if you are able.
--PHP server API is isapi; unknown; using pretty URLs
(index.php/Page_Title), if you have trouble change this in LocalSettings.php
--Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
--PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
--Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
--Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled if
you enable uploads.
--Installation directory: D:\\www\\carpediem\\site.com\\www\\bazaZnanja
--Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in
D:\www\carpediem\sitename.com\www\bazaZnanja\config\index.php on line 309
--Script URI path:
Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_ADMIN in
D:\www\carpediem\sitename.com\www\bazaZnanja\config\index.php on line 315

Then I enter the preferences and press the "Install!" button. After that all
I see is a blank page which has finished loading.

I've read this list  and tried to enter the debug path in the
DefaultSettings.php but I made an error and forgot to add ; or something
like that.
Then I refreshed the blank page end reposted form data. The install page
threw up an php error  BUT also some things, like creating the tables etc..
LocalSettings.php was created, but the site was not working ( :) ), but
instead said the default temp path is not writable, which is truly not - the
host confirmed that the PHP temp path is elswhere.

Anyway, writing the debug line didn't change things a bit - even no debug
file was created.

Anyone has any ideas on this issue please,

Jure Špik