[Mediawiki-l] User Preferences not saved

Bruce Rafnel bruce at imeem.com
Thu Sep 2 00:16:37 UTC 2004

Hi,

My user preferences are not getting saved.  It's unlikely
that it's a browser refresh problem, because I don't see any
changes occurring in the "user" table in the DB after
saving.  This happens with both the admin user and another
user. Both also have user_rights: sysop,bureaucrat

Manually changing a user's record, in the DB, does show up
in the browser, when it is refreshed.

This is a first time installation, so I don't think this
ever worked after I installed. In the DB, I'm using the
'root' user with no password, because that is the only thing
that works.  So it is unlikely that it is a DB user
permission problem.  Other things seem to be working as
expected (page creating, editing, etc).

For details about my install process and versions, see my
earlier post:

     Date:08/20/2004 11:16 AM
     Subject: [Mediawiki-l] Install problems with MediaWiki 1.3.1

Best regards,