[Mediawiki-l] lost parsing of links on upgrade to 1.3.2

Ira Abramov nospam-MediaWiki-l-20040612 at ira.abramov.org
Wed Sep 1 09:26:11 UTC 2004

Quite possibly I have shot myself in the foot, but maybe not...

http://cliki.site.co.il was running fine for several moons under
1.3.0beta3. I decided it was time to upgrade once 1.3.2 was out, but I
assumed wrong that a "cvs up" will give me the current release. instead
it landed a 1.4 alpha in my directory, and I got errors instead of
pages. I then tried running the install process once more (it did such a
fine job upgrading my DB from 1.2.6 to 1.3.0beta2) and no go. I assumed
the DB itself was not ruined since nothing got converted, and simply
untared a fresh 1.3.2 tarball on my site, reinstated my wiki.png and to
my surprise the site was showing mostly ok, but some of the [[links]]
are not parsed. as anyone can see on the site (even if you can't read
Hebrew).

I edit the page, the unparsed plaintext looks OK, but saving it gives
the same results, some of the [[wiki links]] work and some are printed
as is. I could not even find a common feature of the unparsed links to
explain this.

I dived into the maintenance directory and tried rebuildall.php but no
change (should it solve this anyway?)

So right now I have pages with 50% links and 50% bracketed words. I even
have a page belonging to two categories, one is correctly shown at the
bottom, the other category decleration showing as plain unparsed text.

Now I'm not the one to be displeased with disorder. As a devout Erisian
I believe the Wiki Way is a wonderful example of creative disorder. Now
I just need to squelch the distructive disorder to reach harmoney
between the Hodge and the Podge of the sacred Chao.

HELP? anyone?

--
Can't touch this
Ira Abramov