[Mediawiki-l] Re: texvc (Formulas): fmtutil.cnf can't be found

Patrick Gundlach pg at levana.de
Wed Oct 27 08:21:56 UTC 2004

Hello Thomas,

> Thanks. Can you (or someone else) tell me what to download (or how to
> ./configure tex) in order to get the minimal requirements for texvc? I am
> not a tex-expert; I searched on dante.de a little bit, but unfortunately, I
> have really no idea what to get...

OK, what OS do you use?

Does texvc require LaTeX? Or is plain TeX sufficient?

see for example http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-4.htm ; I don't
know much about it.

Perhaps you should ask on a TeX related mailinglist; tex-d-l would
probably the first choice. And (although probably impractical) texlive
can be used to create a pretty minmal TeX installation iirc.

Patrick