[Mediawiki-l] PHP code inclusion

Taneem A T thezeropoint at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 14:27:44 UTC 2004

> 2 thing I am trying to accomplish.
>
> 1.  Parse a RSS feed from another site to display it on mine.
>
> 2.  Put the latest Forum posts from my boards on the wiki main page.

I basically wanted to do the exact same thing and I posted the same
question a few days ago ... the answer I was given is that for
security reasons you can't include PHP in any editable page, whether
you are sysop or not (someone please tell me I am wrong?? ;) )

That being said, I thought of two other options:

1. Using a flash movie to pull the php data and display it.
2. Tinker with the php in the page generation files directly.

I haven't had time yet to fully explore either option, but that's all
I can help you with for now!

Taneem Talukdar
http://www.dheo.com/