[Mediawiki-l] Better doc?

tic at tictric.net tic at tictric.net
Fri Oct 22 21:45:31 UTC 2004

Am Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:26:14 +0300 hat NSK <nsk2 at wikinerds.org>
geschrieben:

> I think the software would benefit from better documentation, especially
> documentation for programmers.
>
> "How to become a MW hacker" is nice but more is needed.
>
> I think it would be a good idea if you could launch a site which will be
> wiki dedicated only to MW software. People could go there and add
> whatever
> they know, so that we could have a MW resource both for users and
> hackers.

I don't know how long you know Mediawiki for already but the documentation
has improved beyond recognition.
While there was still 1.2.x there was hardly any doc at all.

Just add some of that documentation you are missing to meta.wikipedia.org
and it will improve further. This site is dedicated to mw only. You need
it even more specific :-)
The system's already there.

--tic