[Mediawiki-l] Customizing mediawiki

Juergen Jessenig jessenig at sofastar.at
Wed Oct 20 18:16:08 UTC 2004

Hi folks!

Installed mediawiki this morning, all is running well... the
only problem I have is, that I'm not able to alter predefined
text-parts.

I just wanted to add some text to last modified section at the
bottom of the page...
I opened "Language.php" and inserted some words at line 302
'lastmodified' => "bla bla bla This page..."

Saving the file does not change anything though!

Yes, I cleared my browser's cache... I also had a look at
the mailing list archives but couldn't find any help.

Generally I found out, that Costumizing mediawiki is not
documented very well, though I had a look at lots of ressources.

Are there any How-To documents on doing that? Further it would
be interesting, how to modify the navigation blocks...

Tried modifying xhtml_slim.pt. no effect. Also modified
SkinPHPTal.php without any effects...

It's a pity... mediawiki is wonderful, but customizing should
be much easier!

can anybody help?

kind regards, j.