[Mediawiki-l] Sub-categories not grouped in alpha order

Michelle mme2002 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 19 03:30:55 UTC 2004

We've noticed that sometimes sub-categories are not grouped
alphabetically on category pages.  For example, on this page:

<http://wiki.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/index.php/Category:Characters>

note the L, R, and T entries after the U entries.  None of them have
separate search keys specified, not that that would explain the
incorrect grouping behavior anyway.

We're not sure, but it seems the problem started occurring after we
upgraded from a 1.3.0 beta to 1.3.5.  All of the out-of-order
sub-categories were created or modified after the upgrade.  However I
also see it on at least one older page so I'm not sure.

Any ideas on why this may be or how to fix it would be appreciated!

Michelle