[Mediawiki-l] How to load "Help:Contents"?

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Thu Oct 14 19:10:00 UTC 2004

Jim-
> Hey all,

> I'm installing mediawiki (1.3.5), got everything up and running okay,
> but the "Help" link in the Navigation bar on the left side of the
> window takes me to an empty page. It looks like I need to load the
> Help:Contents from Meta into my local database. Did I miss something in
> the installation instructions? Can somebody point me to some
> instructions for this?

the Help: effort on Meta was started less than two months ago. As a
result, the associated pages are still fairly chaotic and often include
Wikimedia-specific content. There is currently no script to import them
automatically.

My recommendation for now is to browse Help:Contents and select the pages
which you think are useful/important, and copy and paste their content
into your wiki manually.

Regards,

Erik