[Mediawiki-l] How to load "Help:Contents"?

Jim Vanderveen jim.vanderveen at owp.csus.edu
Thu Oct 14 17:05:27 UTC 2004

Hey all,

I'm installing mediawiki (1.3.5), got everything up and running okay,
but the "Help" link in the Navigation bar on the left side of the
window takes me to an empty page. It looks like I need to load the
Help:Contents from Meta into my local database. Did I miss something in
the installation instructions? Can somebody point me to some
instructions for this?

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I haven't been able to
find it. I have read all the FAQ's I could find, installation
instructions on Meta (and other wikis), and googling for
"help:contents" (or some variation) only seems to return the actual
help pages, NOT how to install them.

FYI, the server is running FreeBSD 4.10

PHP 4.3.6 (cli) (built: Apr 29 2004 01:16:17)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

mysql  Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.18, for portbld-freebsd4.10 (i386)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jim Vanderveen, IT Manager
Office of Water Programs, Calif State University Sacramento
jim.vanderveen at owp.csus.edu -- PGP key 0x4F449230
PGP info at http://www.owp.csus.edu/~vanderveenj/pgp/