[Mediawiki-l] Need sample data for image "uploads"

Rick Ciesla rciesla at coupons.com
Thu Oct 7 00:58:06 UTC 2004

It has been chosen for me to not enable image uploads for regular users through the MediaWiki interface, however I still wish to allow my Wiki to use images as if they had already been uploaded.  This would presumably require me to manually copy files I wish to "upload" to the /images directory (and any applicable subdirectories) and also manually create a proper entry in the "image" table in the MySQL database.

So far, my attempts to simply insert the name of the image in the img_name field and manually copy my file to "/wiki/images" have not worked.  Obviously I have zero understanding of what the fields in the image table are supposed to contain.

Can somebody please post some valid data from their image table in their database along with the proper sub-directory structure beneath the "images" or "upload" directory (if applicable)?

Thanks!
Rick