[Mediawiki-l] enabling LaTeX interpreter

Projet OOQCB colonna at lct.jussieu.fr
Mon Nov 29 16:42:32 UTC 2004

Brion Vibber wrote:

> You didn't enable it in LocalSettings.php.
>
> Make sure also you've compiled the helper program and installed all
> dependencies.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Thank you. Now I did enable
$wgUseTeX               = true;  in LocalSettings.php

what do you mean by "Make sure also you've compiled the helper program
and installed all dependencies." ?

I also install ocaml
I check texvc as written in the README of the math directory
like this :
from the mediawiki directory I run:

texvc  ./tmp ./math "y=x+2" iso-8859-1
I got :
./math/daa63ef966cc412541190bc8794731de.png

nevertheless in MediWiki I get an error :
*Failed to parse (Can't write to or create math output directory): y=x+2
the math directory has the following rights:
drwxrwxrwx   2 PROJETOOQCB users  4096 Nov 29 17:38 math
drwxrwxrwx   2 PROJETOOQCB users  4096 Nov 29 17:30 tmp

Thanks for the help.

Francois Colonna
*