[Mediawiki-l] Maintenance problems

Plamen Gradinarov plamen at orientalia.org
Mon Nov 29 09:06:38 UTC 2004

> Can you confirm that the database username and password in
AdminSettings.php are correct?

Thank you very much, Brion, you are very helpful! Of course, it was my
fault, there were my wikiadmin logins in the AdminSettings.php, not the
wikiDB ones. Now the real count started by 50 and seems to take several
hours (probably more than 36 at the present rate).

The workaround (I'm afraid I took it for a standalone replacement of the
entire rebuild problem, while it should be applied only if the commandline
solution works but still returns 0 articles) is found here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Documentation:Administration
starting with: "To rebuild the article count manually"

Thanks again,
Plamen

BTW, how much time and space will take the creation of a SearchIndex for the
last dump of the English Wiki? Now the CPU load is about 3.60 (Dual Xeon 2.8
HT). Probably it will be less with an additional 1 GB RAM... Are there any
hardware requirements for running, say, an English cur replica of Wikimedia?