[Mediawiki-l] DB-Prefix, 9930 Chars, Hooks&Filters

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Nov 29 00:12:41 UTC 2004

On Nov 28, 2004, at 3:51 PM, Heli Retzek wrote:
> Q1: can I use HTML-Mails here in this forum?

I'd recommend against it.

> e.g. a DB-Prefix so that I can handle several WIKIS in one MySQL - in
> CoMa every MySQL-Access is started with TABLE_PREFIX to be able to get
> that, thats very very simple but does a great job i think.

This is already in 1.4 (but the installer doesn't support it yet, it
must be manually configured). 1.4beta1 will be out within a couple
days.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Write_your_own_MediaWiki_extension

> well, another issue: I actually missed a certain discussion to the very
> ambitous plug&hooks email last week from Evan Prodromou, is this here
> really the developer list?

This is the announcements and help list. wikitech-l is the developer
list.

> and finally: anyone has any clue, just any Idea why I cannot save pages
> longer than 9930 chars - I asked that question yesterday allready. What
> could I test, where to look at - is this a host/server problem or a
> config. problem? Can I go back to Wikimedia 1.3.7 to circumvent that?

Can you be more specific about *exactly* what happens, what you see on
screen, if anything unusual happens or is displayed?

1.3.8 includes a workaround for an apparent PHP bug which has been
reported by several users. It's possible that you have, somehow, the
inverse bug. Look at includes/EditPage.php and try switching the
enctype attribute on the edit form, see if it makes a difference.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)