[Mediawiki-l] Including the Text of a Local File in Wiki Page

Mike Harris wcitymike at rcn.com
Fri Nov 26 18:20:59 UTC 2004

Folks,

Sorry for poking my head in on the list here, but I have probably been
wracking Google with variants of search terms for several hours now
with absolutely no success.

I have configured MediaWiki for local use on my machine for a local,
personal wiki.  (What can I say ... I *love* the interface.)  However,
I am really trying to do something and unsure if I can.

I use a Unix application called Remind that takes care of my
calendaring needs.  (I'm on a Mac OS X system.)  I have the system set
up via cron to output today's and tomorrow's schedules to text files,
and I'd like to include those in the wiki text of my main page.
However, that text will change dynamically whenever I alter my
calendar, so a one-time import is obviously non-optimal.  Local links
is a fallback position but one I'd like to avoid if possible.

So how do I include the text of a local file in a MediaWiki entry?

Any help would be much appreciated.  As you may tell, I'm sort of new
to MediaWiki.

Mike