[Mediawiki-l] Link List ?

Matthias Pospiech pospiech at q2x.net
Thu Nov 25 19:35:25 UTC 2004

I would like to know what you think is he best way to do a list of links
with description ?

I did for example:

* LaTeX - Fortgeschrittene Anwendungen
[ftp://ftp.fernuni-hagen.de/pub/pdf/urz-broschueren/broschueren/a0279510.pdf]

* LaTeX Kurzbeschreibung
l2kurz.pdf [http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/german/l2kurz.pdf]

but that is complete unsatifactory.
1. The ftp:// ist displayed completely, whereas with http://  only a
numbered mark is shown - I need the standard HTML Behavior instead:
Link description with link behind the description.

2. The List is left with the next line. So that the next item is not
indented anymore. And there seems to be no way to put everything in one <p>
tag, as one would do in HTML ?

Please help me to get a decent link list layout with mediawiki. (How to do
this in HTML with CSS is clear...)

What I did in the past with simple HTML: UL LI environments and CSS could be
seen here:
http://www.cqa.de/partner/
http://www.matthiaspospiech.de/latex/links/

Matthias