[Mediawiki-l] After saving the changes, it doesn't go back to the original page...

manfred tic at tictric.net
Thu Nov 25 07:34:21 UTC 2004

Am Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:32:30 -0800 hat Simon Tse
<Simon.Tse at LaserFiche.com> geschrieben:

> Thanks for the response. However,
>
> "Try setting the ServerName directive in httpd.conf" - I cannot find the
> httpd.conf file
>
> Also, "$wgServer variable in LocalSettings.php like this:
>    $wgServer = 'http://myrealhostname.myrealdomain.com'" I cannot find
> this variable as well.
>
> Any suggestions?

Sorry for bumping in Simon, but you first need to find out how to
configure that webserver correctly. If you don't work that out beforehand
you'll face a lot more problems you cannot figure out. And all of them are
not related to mediawiki actually.
Also have a look at the documentation that php and mysql provides. It's
essential to understand at least the very basic concepts. Otherwise it
might be working out as one big frustrating project.

Type http://localhost/manual and see if that apache documentation appears
if you run apache at all, and localhost is where apache runs on.

--manfred

--
http://glassdoc.org
http://glassdoc.de