[Mediawiki-l] Renaming a mediawiki?

Evan Prodromou evan at bad.dynu.ca
Wed Nov 24 20:52:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-24-11 at 11:36 -0800, Nick Triantos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know the cleanest way to rename a whole wiki?  I'm guessing
> that I'll change LocalSettings.php to update the $wgSiteName, and also
> perhaps rename the name of the mysql database.

You probably don't have to change the name of the mysql database, unless
the name on the browser cookies bothers you a lot.

>  But I also see things
> like, for example, that in Special:Allmessages, the "wikititlesuffix"
> string is changed from the default of "{{SITENAME}}" to my wiki name.  I
> don't know why, I certainly never changed a bunch of those system
> messages, were they set to include the literal name of my site when the
> databases were first created?

Yes.

You should run rebuildMessage.php in the maintenance directory. That
should refresh the messages namespace with the stuff you have in
Language.php. Note that this will stomp on any database messages that
you did customize in the database.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou                  .O.