[Mediawiki-l] Renaming a mediawiki?

Nick Triantos nick at triantos.com
Wed Nov 24 19:36:00 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Does anyone know the cleanest way to rename a whole wiki?  I'm guessing
that I'll change LocalSettings.php to update the $wgSiteName, and also
perhaps rename the name of the mysql database.  But I also see things
like, for example, that in Special:Allmessages, the "wikititlesuffix"
string is changed from the default of "{{SITENAME}}" to my wiki name.  I
don't know why, I certainly never changed a bunch of those system
messages, were they set to include the literal name of my site when the
databases were first created?

thanks for any advice,
-Nick