[Mediawiki-l] always connects to MySQL as root

Florian Effenberger floeff at arcor.de
Sun Nov 21 15:15:11 UTC 2004

Hello there,

When trying to install MediaWiki 1.3.8, it always tries to connect as
root to my MySQL database:

     * PHP 4.3.9: ok
     * PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
     * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
     * PHP's memory_limit is 8M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
Attempting to raise limit to 20M... ok.
     * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
     * Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
enabled if
you enable uploads.
     * Installation directory: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/wiki
     * Script URI path: /wiki
     * MySQL error 1045: Keine Zugriffsberechtigung f�r Benutzer:
'root at localhost'. (Verwendetes Passwort: Nein)
     * Trying regular user... need password.

Something's not quite right yet; make sure everything below is filled
out correctly.

When entering the correct root password (although the database already
exists), I receive "MySQL error 0". I can connect with both the wiki and
the root user to MySQL using the normal MySQL client without any problems.

Cf. bug 921.

Thanks
Florian