[Mediawiki-l] Multiple languages

Kiss All kissall at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 18:20:05 UTC 2004

You'd better look at twiki first before deciding on using mediawiki if
you need good a permission control. But the formatting rules in twiki
look stupid  somehow.

A more general guideline for choosing wiki as a CMS can be found at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_software#How_to_choose_a_wiki_engine

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:48:33 +0000, James Gardiner <james at womble.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 05:01:12AM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
> > You can simply call the page "English CV" if you like, but the page's
> > title is going to appear just so in the URL. It's a wiki, not a general
> > purpose CMS, so sometimes this is a compromise.
>
> Noted.  The compromises are in the right direction.
>
> > >2) I see from the LocalSettings.php that it is possible to prevent
> > >   access to certain pages for users who are not logged in.  Do I
> > >   need to list all the pages I want blocked or is it possible
> > >   to do wildcards eg internal*
> >
> > Actually, you need to explicitly list all the pages you want to allow
> > access to. I don't really recommend using this mode, but if it does
> > what you want it's there...
>
> Ah, not as usuable as I first thought.  I am sure there are many
> wishlists in that area.
>
> Thanks for your swift response.
>
> Regards
>

> James