[Mediawiki-l] Help with "Tables Contents"

pm823 pm823 at macau.ctm.net
Thu Nov 18 09:05:11 UTC 2004

Dear all,

I am a beginner with PHP and Javascripts, I have interested in MediaWiki
. I want to build it for sharing linux knowledge.

But I do not know to build the  "Table contents" of each page. For example:

*Contents* [showhide <javascript:toggleToc()>]
1 Overview and history of mathematics
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics#Overview_and_history_of_mathematics>
2 Topics in mathematics
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics#Topics_in_mathematics>
2.1 Quantity <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics#Quantity>
2.2 Change <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics#Change>
2.3 Structure <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics#Structure>
2.4 Space <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics#Space>
2.5 Discrete mathematics
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics#Discrete_mathematics>

I have found all of  information, but there is no more information about
it.  I only know "Table contents" are some javascripts. I have found the
MediaWiki (wiki) page source, there is not include any javascrtips code.
How can I  insert  these  code in my  "wiki" page ? Anybody could give
me some tips or information ?  Thank you very much. :-)

Thanks a lot,
Pete Fong