[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki on Windows IIS 6 "[pear_error: message="failed to open stream: Permission denied" code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""] "

Jeremy Vignaux jeremy at vignaux.net
Thu Nov 18 03:21:29 UTC 2004

Any help you can provide would be appreciated:

Setup:

MediaWiki 1.3.8

PHP 4.3.9 (cgi mode)

MySQL 4.0.22

Installed on Windows 2003 (IIS 6)

With anonymous web logins disabled - If any user other than
Administrator tries to access the site the following error comes up:

[pear_error: message="failed to open stream: Permission denied" code=0
mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]

When administrator credentials are used, MediaWiki functions properly
(proving proper setup of PHP, MySQL etc).

I've tried assigning rights of every kind to other users without success
- even adding users to Domain Admin group etc.

Any ideas?

P.S. Please don't suggest running MediaWiki on Apache - I must use IIS
for the AD authentication support and for a few other ASP applications
running on the server.