[Mediawiki-l] wiki permissions? (was: Multiple languages)

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Nov 15 14:57:29 UTC 2004

>> 2) I see from the LocalSettings.php that it is possible to prevent
>>    access to certain pages for users who are not logged in.  Do I
>>    need to list all the pages I want blocked or is it possible
>>    to do wildcards eg internal*
>

> Actually, you need to explicitly list all the pages you want to allow
> access to. I don't really recommend using this mode, but if it does
> what you want it's there...

Does MediaWiki have any concept of groups? ie Would it be possible to
define different groups and give different page's ownerships to a
certain group so that only users that belonged to that group could edit
it? Maybe it's just my Unix background but I think the concept of user
and group permissions is a powerful one that is beneficial to use.

--
Michael <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org