[Mediawiki-l] Rewrite rule

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 00:06:23 UTC 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:24:55 -0800, Larry G. Wapnitsky
<larry at kvetsch.com> wrote:
> I cannot seem to locate any documentation on how to properly implement
> rewrite rules on MediaWiki 1.37.  Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

Well, there's http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Rewrite_rules and
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Rewrite_rules on the meta-wiki
(which is where most MediaWiki-related documentation is to be found).
Then there's a whole ton of discussions and troubleshooting about it
in the archives of this list
(http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/ try using a
site-specific Google search) and who knows what else somewhere else.
But, as far as I know, mod_rewrite is just far too voodoo* for anyone
to have written anything "comprehensive" or "complete", let alone
"authoritative"; so, um, good luck! ;)

[* a term even Apache's official documentation doesn't deny:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html]

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]