[Mediawiki-l] Re: GreenZones.org

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Fri Nov 12 21:39:04 UTC 2004

Christopher Adjani wrote:
<snip introduction>

> Wikipedia's engine is exactly the same thing but for a much broader
> subjects.  We would like to build in Wikipedia-Green into GreenZones.org.
>
> Because we are in such an early stage of development, we have no
> technical staff to run the servers or to install / maintain Wikimedia
> engine.   We currently host with Spymac, which is running on Linux servers.

Hello,

Well don't you have at least someone with some php / linux knowledge ?
If so post here for some help and we will glad to answer. You can also
try #mediawiki on irc.freenode.net to chat with wikipedia's system
administrators and MediaWikipedia's developers.

> Would anyone be interested in helping us build Wiki into our site
> GreenZones.org?

Well setting site is one (easy) thing for which we can surely help.
Building a community of active contributor is something totally
different and I am afraid we can't help on this point :o)

> Like the other Wiki sites, we would like the Green Version to be
> connected to the larger Wiki community to make sure all the information
> and content is available to everyone, everywhere in the world.  But at
> the same time, focus our content from our users to make it easy to learn
> about everything green.
<snip>

cheers,

--