[Mediawiki-l] How do I .... link to "file://"

Nick Triantos nick at triantos.com
Thu Nov 11 19:08:47 UTC 2004

search for the text "gopher" in Parser.php, and add a line for the file:
handler.

Also, FYI, if any of your users use Firefox, you must actually use
file:///// (yes, 5 slashes) if the shares are on a Windows network
share.  Also, your Firefox users must change their
"security.checkloaduri" setting to false.  To do that, type
"about:config" in the address bar and hit enter.

regards,
-Nick